Thursday, June 23, 2011

Polish: Current Obsessions

I have 2 things that I am currently obsessing over, neither has anything to do with each other!





First, apparently, I cannot NOT blog about summer topics. I may be mildly obsessed, which is due to the fact that it is currently cloudy and possibly raining outside. People in my office have boots and sweaters on, while I am wearing platform sandals and cropped skinny jeans. I am clinging to whatever residual sun there might be from the first day of summer! Generally in the summer, most of us wear a little less face product. With that in mind, a great exfoliator (Both manual and chemical) is a must have for our summer skin, to bring out that natural glow.










Both of these products can be found at Target. They also both have Salicylic acid in them, best known to get down into the pore and get the dirt out. In comparison, Benzoyle Peroxide will sit on top of the skin. Good used in moderation, but used too much can dry out the skin. This will cause more dead skin cells to stay, slowing down the natural exfoliating process which actually causes more breakouts. I prefer BP as a spot treatment. Play around with what works best for your skin, and of course ask you derm.








The second item I am currently obsessing over is v-neck T's! I know it seems silly, and rather generic. I feel like it has taken a while (as with most trends) for some quality products to trickle down to the average persons price range. Of course I always fall in love with brands like Elizabeth & James, or C&C, especially for basics that are staples for your wardrobe. I also always find it hard to spend $50-$200 on a plain T. Target has had some great v necks out for a while in a variety of colors, usually under $10 bucks. TOTALLY doable. One drawback, the dreaded one-boob pocket. It's not so bad on plain t's, but I still just don't like the look of them. I was at Zumiez yesterday and found some... WITH OUT POCKETS!! As friendly as those boys usually are, they still found my excitement odd. Whatever, I'm stoked, and they were 2 for $25. A little better quality than Target. Most were wide or skinny stripes (like the one pictured above), but there are some plain colors on the website. Some were also in the store, sweet green kind of like mint choc-chip ice cream, but it did have a pocket.

A small side point for your Target items: As these are great buys, they do tend to be flimsier fabric and can fall apart or fade quickly. If you refrain from putting these guys in your dryer, and hang dry them, it saves the color, shape and hem. I do this with most of my clothing, and as a result have pieces from 10 years ago... GULP! Well worth the extra time, and evening of your house looking like the washer exploded!! Check back next week for my suggestions on hang drying, including where to get drying racks that last, are inexpensive AND can be delivered to your house!!



~V-neck t's and glowy faces~

















No comments: